In this article, you will learn how to activate and use Really Simple SSL plugin to protect your WordPress website from malicious attacks.
What Is Really Simple SSL?
Really Simple SSL is a WordPress security plugin which will help you to shift your WordPress website from HTTP to HTTPS site.
This plugin is developed by Rogier Lankhorst, Mark Wolters and the plugin has more than 800,000 installs.
How to install Really Simple SSL?
Really Simple SSL, as the name itself tell, it’s a very simple procedure. You just need to download this plugin from Plugin store. Below are the steps to download and activate Really Simple SSL.
Step 1: Go to Add New in plugins option
Step 2: Search for Really Simple SSL
Step 3: Download and activate the plugin
Step 4: Now go to Settings > SSL & Click Enable SSL.
What this plugin will do?
- This plugin will install an SSL certificate on your website.
- Turns your website URL into HTTPS.
- Protects your website from Viruses and attacks.
- All incoming requests are redirected to HTTPS.
- Helps your site to better rankings in search engine.
- All your Posts and Page URL is been replaced from HTTP:// to Https:// so that your content won’t get mixed that causes you a problem.
There is also a pro version which is a paid one. Its features are:
- Premium Customer support
- You will get an email whenever your SSL gets expired.
- Mixed content fixer for the backend.
- HttpOnly and secure flags to make the cookies more secure
- Improve security by enabling HTTP Strict Transport Security for your site
- Submit your site to the HSTS preload list